Collagen Rejuvenation Therapy – A new way to make collagen
The process is called Collagen Induction Therapy and is used to improve texture and tone, wrinkles, and adds a youthful glow back to the skin.
Collagen Induction Therapy works by stimulating your own body’s collagen. Your body will start to naturally regenerate the skin, working below the surface in the dermis. New skin cells are generated and blood supply is enhanced. It improves the thickness of the dermis as well as the epidermis. This in turn improves skin texture and reduces wrinkles. It also has a positive effect on skin discoloration, and creates new collagen fibers. You will see results in the weeks to months that follow. To obtain maximum results a series of treatments is highly recommended.
- Assess if the Collagen Rejuvenation Therapy treatment is appropriate for you
- Explain the Collagen Rejuvenation Therapy process
- Advise pre and post treatment care instructions
- Advise the cost of treatment
Tolerance levels vary for all. Topical anesthetic creams are applied to the skin pre-treatment. In general most clients feel that the discomfort is tolerable and well worth the results.
To minimize the possibility of adverse skin effects we recommend avoiding the following activities for at least 2 to 4 weeks prior to your treatment:
- Sun exposure (apply SPF 30 + sunscreen daily)
- Topical fake tans
- Prescription strength exfoliates
- AHA’s (Glycolic Acid), Retinol, acidic or “active” ingredients
- Dermal Fillers and/or Cosmetic Injectables
- Thick and clogging make ups
- Accutane (one year prior)